Terms and Conditions for vidaXL reviews
On this page we explain step by step how we deal with reviews and what rules are involved. With the information below, we hope to give you a clear picture of this policy.
1. General rules
1.1 We use your review to improve our products. It is particularly important that you give us your honest review.
1.2 Please read these terms and conditions carefully before submitting a review.
1.3 When you submit your review, you agree that vidaXL will use it in accordance with the present terms and conditions.
2. Who may write reviews about products on vidaXL?
2.1 We place great value on the opinions of our customers. Every opinion counts. Therefore, everyone who has purchased our product can leave a review on our website.
2.2 You must be at least 18 years old.
2.3 You may not submit a review if you receive a remuneration for doing so.
2.4 All customers who have ordered a product through our webshop will receive an invitation for service or product review up to two weeks later after the purchasing date. The criteria for receiving a service or product review invitation will be completely random.
3. Personal Data
3.2 vidaXL and an external service provider will see all the information you enter. This information can be used to improve our products.
3.3 When you provide your email address to vidaXL in connection with the review, you agree that vidaXL and an external service provider may use this email address to contact you as part of your review. Your email address will not be used for marketing purposes.
3.4 When creating a review, you will be asked for your first and last name as well as your email address. You agree that vidaXL will publish your first and last name together with your review.
3.5 When filling out the form, it is important that you make sure that your personal data is only entered in the appropriate fields.
4. What does the review form look like?
If you want to leave a review on our website, you get a number of fields and questions to fill in the review form. We ask you to fill in the following in the review form:
- Your name and last name which will appear online with your review;
- Your email address;
- A title of your review;
- A review description;
- A Review score (general review, price, quality, and value for money);
- To agree to our terms and conditions for vidaXL Reviews;
5. How long does it take before a review is placed on vidaXL?
5.1 If you have placed a review, positive or negative, it will first be checked by us for authenticity. Therefore, your review is not immediately visible on the website of vidaXL. It can take up to 15 days before your review is definitively approved and placed on vidaXL.
5.2 vidaXL will not exclude the publication of negative reviews for the sole reason of being a negative review.
6. What does vidaXL do with your review?
6.1 When you submit a review, you give vidaXL the right to use it to improve our products in the way that vidaXL deems most appropriate.
6.2 You grant vidaXL a perpetual, royalty-free right to use, copy, translate and publish your review into any form, medium or technology throughout all the vidaXL websites. This also includes all our present and future social media channels.
6.3 vidaXL may also use the text of your review for publicity purposes without using any of your personal data unless you have explicitly given permission for it.
7. When is a review rejected?
7.1 A review is rejected if it violates our guidelines for the placement of reviews. This includes, amongst others:
- Legal transgression;
- False, misleading or fake reviews;
- Racist, xenophobic, abusive, defamatory language, profanity, inappropriate language, discriminatory, hate-filled or other unlicensed content;
- Use of language that may harm the intellectual property rights of third parties (such as the mention of a brand, copyrighted texts);
- Mentioning personal data, including names of other people, known persons, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, postal addresses;
- Is not about the product; Contains incorrect product information that is not or no longer relevant to the product;
- Text of a publicity and/or commercial nature;
- Is only or mainly about the service or delivery of the product;
- Refers to a competitor;
- Mentioning price comparisons with similar products on other websites;
- Contains an URL.
7.2 vidaXL reserves the right to change, condense or delete any content on vidaXL’s website that vidaXL deems, in its sole discretion, to violate the content guidelines or any other provision of these terms and conditions.
7.3 You acknowledge that you, not vidaXL, are responsible for the content of your rating or review submission. None of the ratings or reviews that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of vidaXL, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners or third-party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees.
8. How is the authenticity of reviews determined?
The authenticity of the reviews is determined by the review platforms we work with. These platforms apply the same verification process. Every customer that makes a purchase, and therefore has a real experience with our products, receives a review invitation.