Stylish and practical home office furniture
Designing the ideal home office isn’t just about picking the right home office furniture. This versatile room should offer you plenty of advantages. The space needs to be cosy but inspiring, allowing you to work comfortably from home.
A home office is much more than just an office. It’s that quiet spot where you can focus on yourself. Maybe you want to get lost in a great book, spend some time on your latest hobby, or plan your next vacation.
At vidaXL you will find the perfect home office furniture for your needs but also useful tips on how to set up a home office that suits you.
Standout home office furniture
The ideal home office is well organised, neat, and practical. To find the perfect home office furniture, first determine what your needs are. Start by investing in a proper desk. If you work from home and you need enough room for your big computer, choose a generous desk. A computer desk allows a comfortable working position throughout the day. Pair it with a fitting desk chair – we have plenty of them. Choose your chair based on how many hours you spend sitting and the style you like.
A writing desk will do the job if you use your home office for hobbies. For smaller rooms, a corner desk can help you maximize the available space.
Think of a way to keep your home office clean and neat. Add a book cabinet or an office drawer unit to store all your paperwork. A rotating filing cabinet or a console cabinet is super useful to keep office supplies out of sight. Our vidaXL drawer cabinets are useful for storage and come in a variety of styles and shapes.
At vidaXL, you can find versatile home office furniture in different materials and colours, to offer solutions for every taste. From modern desks in light shades to dark and heavier designs, you have the possibility to decorate as you please.
How to set up a home office that’s chic and creative
If you’re thinking how to set up a home office that’s stylish and offers the feeling of cosiness, turn to accessories.
Show off things that you like, like photos or decorations. Invest in a solid wood display shelf for a classic vibe. Cube wall shelves are so popular these days and will help you create a very modern design that opens up the space. A sideboard is always a great idea if you need more storage. At vidaXL you’ll find them in plenty of designs that cover your favourite styles, from Scandinavian simplicity to that warm retro mood.
Another important thing to do is to arrange your desk, so everything is within reach, for example by using jute storage baskets. This way, you put a delicate spin on your home office design and embrace the natural material trend.
5 tips for working from home in style
- Add a rug. Your home office doesn’t have to look sterile, but instead can look cosy and inviting. A rug can also bring a touch of colour and create a warm atmosphere.
- Wall décor is super important, don’t overlook it. From family photos to creative prints or paintings, decorating your walls will bring you a lot of inspiration.
- Get a blackboard or a whiteboard. Whether you need it for your daily work tasks or as a mood board, it will boost your creativity.
- Don’t forget about proper lighting. It’s so vital when working, writing, or reading. Think of your needs to make working from home as comfortable as possible.
- Decorate your home office with plants. Choose colourful pots and invite nature in with greenery, for a fresh and open space.